Here comes another vegan recipe for Meatless Monday or any other meat free meal during your week. Did you know you should go meatless at least one meal a day? If not, take a look here.
This Monday I made a delicious blend of nutritious, exotic flavors. I´m a big fan of the characteristic taste from coconut, lime and pineapple blended together and if you are as well, this recipe is for you.
♥1 cup of rice or quinoa ♥1 large carrot, diced ♥1 cup of pineapple, cubed ♥½ cup diced onion ♥1 400ml/14 fl. oz. ♥ 1can full fat coconut milk ♥Juice of 1 lime ♥1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce ♥2 tsp sesame oil (optional) ♥1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Cook the rice in coconut milk and lime juice by bringing to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 40 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add in carrots, sauté until tender.
- Add in rice mixture and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pineapple.
Voila! Ready to enjoy!
With Purpose & Pepper